Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Yeah, I'm still here

Haven't posted in a while due to:

1) School starting
2) Funeral of my uncle
3) Guilt from other projects I'm supposed to be doing
4) An avoidance of the struggle that is sitting and writing

However, today I organized my school and various-bits-of-work schedules, then read Craig Thompson's Carnet de Voyage. As is often the case, when I see or hear great art, I'm inspired to get off my ass and make something, however meager and amateurish. This post is not that thing. Things are percolating though.

In the mean time, join me in getting riled up by this.

UPDATE: The link above is dead, so here's another to the same account by EMS workers Larry Bradshaw and Lorrie Beth Slonsky.

More interestly, This American Life aired an all-Katrina episode last week that has an interview with Lorrie Beth Slonsky and others from the same group.

(Scroll to Last Week, the show's called "After the Flood", interview starts at 21:05)

No comments:

Post a Comment