Wednesday, March 02, 2005

Lord do I love the flipping and the spinning

This semester of school is much harder than I anticipated, so I haven't had much time to write. I could fill this page with tales of academic woe, but I can't have this turn into a emoto-blog. Er, a whiny emoto-blog that is. I think it's fairly clear that this has a fair dose of righteous indignation emoto-blogging.

Anyway, a newspaper article I wrote about Cirque Du Soleil's show Varekai was published today. If you'd like, read it here. I profiled an act that involves tremendous amounts of flipping and spinning, my favorite athletic thing to watch.

I was initially resistant to Cirque when I heard about it years ago. When I saw it on TV, I was of two minds. The costumes and music are ridiculous, but look at what they're doing! Incredible! Eventually the sense-of-wonderment side triumphed. So I've travelled to Dallas to see Dralion and Varekai, and saw Allegria in Austin. My main motivation in wanting to go to Las Vegas is not to play poker, but to see the Cirque shows there. So I guess I'm a fan. Still not buying those damn CDs though.

No comments:

Post a Comment