After rocking my chemistry final this afternoon and securing an A for the class, I reported to the hospital for my first day of work. Nothing in particular to report, but here's some quick impressions:
- Patients with less teeth than expected
- Hot cops
- The quiet click of handcuffs
- Frantic, pained, and then relieved looks on faces
- The volatile smell of isopropyl alcohol
- Waiting for something to happen
Just so you know, it would be both unethical and illegal for me to relate specific stories of patients or staff. As a result, any tales I tell here will be somewhat vague and sufficiently obfuscated.