Sunday, May 29, 2005

Ennui abatement

A person I know, let's called him Kangaroone, is presently experiencing a trough in the waveform of life. Having gone through several of these myself, I thought I might help by suggesting things that have helped me feel better, however temporarily:

- Coffee

- Indulging a bit by listening to The Smiths or The Cure, but then forcing myself to listen to They Might Be Giants or The B-52s

- Not staying inside with the blinds drawn

- Really good mac & cheese

- Swimming/tubing down a river with friends

- Orgasms

- Re-reading Bridge to Terabithia

- Taking a dog for a walk

- Helping someone else

5 comments:

  1. omg you masturbate? Ew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg you masturbate? Ew!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn it, I didn't post that twice.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't felt guilty about a little self-lovin' since 7th grade. Now years later I continuted to feel guilty about what was in my head during... you get the idea.

    ReplyDelete
  5. excellent suggestions. i'd like to add pizza and cartoons to the list, though.

    ReplyDelete