Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Communicable disease here I come

I heard the news today, oh boy. I got a job working at a local hospital. Whoo-hoo!

Officially my title is Patient Access Representative I. What that means is that I check people into the emergency room if they are barfing too much or they picked up a rabid bat or they got stabbed. You know, whatever. Take their name, address, insurance, etc, and put them into the computer. I'm kinda like Jerry on ER, but different.

I'll be working the 3-11 PM shift, which I'm happy about. The morning shift is waaay too early for me and they won't let anyone work the 11PM - 7AM shift til they have some experience. I expect I'll do some overtime on graveyard as the summer progresses, picking up some extra bucks and freaky stories. Now that the hiring manager has mentioned it, I can't wait to learn the protocol for when the police bring in a prisoner.

This is absolutely the perfect job for me right now. When I graduate with my Nursing degree I want to work in emergency/trauma, so this will be a great introduction.

Dang I'm pumped.

4 comments: