Wednesday, September 29, 2004

More Pumpkin Spice Latte news

Such a compelling topic to me that it begs for an update.

7-11 have chosen a strange way to hook their marketing wagon to the Presidential election by way of the "second quadrennial 7-Election™ Presidential Coffee Cup Poll."

When you buy a 20 oz. coffee, you can choose between the Bush cup, the Kerry cup, or the undecided-third party candidate-leave me alone plain cup. When you go to pay for it, the clerk scans the cup where your "vote" gets sent on to somewhere to get tallied. It's all explained here. Weird.

In my quest for more Pumpkin Spice Latte (who secret incredient clearly makes me crave more then fortnightly), I've gone to multiple 7-11s across town. Interestingly (not really), one store near the university campus had nothing but Kerry cups, while a store in a more conservative area of town had Bush cups covering up the Kerry ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment