Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Todd Haynes is Not Not There, er Here. At SXSW.

I just chatted with Todd Haynes (director of I'm Not There, Far From Heaven). I try to avoid "you're so great, I love you" pawing in these situations so I tend to try for a topic of mutual interest. Knowing the copyright issues associated with his first film, I suggested that he consider Creative Commons licenses for some of his older films, Superstar: The Karen Carpenter Story at least. He hadn't heard of CC so I did a 30-second pitch and managed to intrigue him. So hooray for that.

Friends might remember that I promoted Creative Commons a few years ago by doing this to my head. And I ran into Ryan Junell, the designer of the CC logo (and a fellow DJ from our days at KVRX radio) a couple days ago. Synchronicity!

No comments:

Post a Comment