Monday, February 04, 2008

Lentil soup

While listening to a bunch of songs last night, I prepped the ingredients for lentil soup. Here's all the ingredients ready to go into the crock pot.

Lentil soup ingredients
Not pictured is the bouquet garni, the little bag of seasonings that makes the difference between a bland bowl of sustenance and delicious tummy-so-happy time. I don't pretend to understand spices. Aside from dill and rosemary, I have no idea what most of them do to influence the taste of a dish. I just trust recipes and throw in the bay leaves, tarragon, whatever.

I got up in the morning, threw everything in the pot and went off to work. After a about 9 hours of cooking, here's the messy blending part.

Lentil soup blending
Here's the soup. Sure it looks like undifferentiated brown slop, but damn it's tasty with parmesan cheese and a hunk of crusty bread.

Lentil soup final

No comments:

Post a Comment